Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sure... I can teach you.

I kind of feel like a bad parent.

1. - My son is 3 and can't ride a tricycle.
He received a very nice tricycle for his 2nd birthday, and still can't properly ride it.

2. - I have no idea how to teach him how to ride a tricycle.
I sorta just figured it would come naturally - ya stick the kid on the trike, put his feet on the pedals and show him how the pedals move around...

3. - I am comparing (I know, I know - don't compare) my child to the next-door-neighbor girl who isn't even 3 yet and is riding circles around all of us on her tricycle.

4. - I laugh (only a little) when he screams out of frustration because he can't make it go, then he just resorts to putting his feet on the ground and walking his tricycle around (it really doesn't work out so well for him).


Ok, last night enough was enough. I was at the end of my rope and I wanted SO badly to help him figure out how to keep his feet on the pedals and make it go.
So this is what I did:



Yes, I feel like a bad parent because I taped my child's feet to the pedals.



But it worked, what can I say!?




I sure hope I don't scar him for life...

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Lori! That is too funny! LOL!!! Glad he is riding all over now! I wouldn't have any idea how to teach that one either!!

Marcus, Rebecca, Buddy, and Doodle said...

I can't even tell you how many times I have felt like a "bad" mom. I think what you did with the trike was ingenious. It just occurred to me the other day that I need to actually "teach" my six year old how to make good decisions. I'm such a ding dong, like he could learn that without my help. Ugh. We live and we learn!

Your family is beautiful! What is your girls' bday? Both my kids were born in February! It's a good month! Good to see you on here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails