Thursday, June 11, 2009

No Carrots, No Jello


One of the days I took the kids to Kindermusik I "bribed" Evan (ok, no quotes, I just downright bribed him) that if he was a good boy I would give him a treat after we got home. One of the Mom's leaned over and told me she was glad to hear she wasn't the only one who bribed her kids. I laughed and said "Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!"


So yes, I can proudly say that I bribe Evan when necessary.

(To be totally honest though, it rarely works.)


Here is an example:

I told him at lunch for a week straight - if you eat your carrots, you can have the jello. (He LOVES this jello)



He was more than happy to eat his watermelon, and play with the carrots...


I think maybe he was seriously considering it...

But alas, the jello was not good enough to get him to eat his carrots...






The joke is on him, though. I made a carrot-sweet potato mash the other night and he ate it. And I didn't give him jello. But I did have to put some marshmallows on top...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails