Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Recipe #1

My absolute favorite meal to have when I go out to eat is Fettuccine Alfredo. Since we rarely go out to eat anymore, I never eat it! (Ok, probably not a horrible thing since the dish isn't exactly low in fat...) So, it would seem fitting that I add this dish to our meal plans.

So here it is, my first new recipe of the year!

Fettuccine Alfredo
8oz uncooked fettuccine
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used shredded, not sure what the difference would be)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Dash of pepper
Chopped fresh parsley (I just realized as I am typing this I forgot to use the parsley I bought for this meal... crap!)

1. Cook fettuccine as directed on package.
2. While fettuccine is cooking, heat margarine/butter and whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until margarine is melted. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
3. Drain fettuccine. Pour sauce over fettuccine; stir until fettuccine is well coated. Sprinkle with parsley.



So easy! Why didn't I make this 10 years ago when I printed it out!?!?! The date on the print out was 10/4/99 from the bettycrocker.com website ~ and as many times I have moved over the past 10 years it has traveled with me in my pile-o-print-outs just begging to be made! (just affirmation of why I set the resolution that I did, I suppose) It was quite scrumptious - I threw in some cooked chicken & broccoli at the end ~ yummy, yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best part about Fettucini made at home is the cost, about 20 percent of what you would have to pay if you went out to eat.
The fresh grated parmesan probably was much better than the dehydrated dried stuff in a container.
Cooking good in the neighborhood.
love ya,
Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails