Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Enchilada Casserole

I have to share this new recipe I just tried tonight...

Enchilada Casserole

Yummy, yummy, yummy hardly begins to describe it. It was really close to surpassing some of the crockpot favorites we have been trying lately. The only reason it didn't is because I do not believe any part of it is healthy. Well maybe a little part. just a little.

Here is what I changed:
*When I browned the meat, I added red pepper flakes to kick up the spicy factor a bit. Love me some spicy-ness.
*I used whole wheat tortillas
*I used a smaller dish (no idea what size) - so I ended up using a little less ingredients because I didn't have enough room to layer. (4 tortillas instead of 6 and a little less cheese)
*I should have used less corn (I used frozen white corn) - the recipe called for 2 cups, but I would have had only a small amount left, so I used a little more than 2 cups. It was too much. As Dan said, the corn should be an accent to the dish, not overpowering it. Probably could get away with only using 1 cup.


The best part of this meal is that Evan gobbled it up. He doesn't dig too many of the crockpot meals I have been making, so to find something he will eat is great!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails