Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My garden update

I really had high hopes for a nice "garden."

Well, maybe not that high since I started small, and in POTS:



I was so excited to share an update when my "garden" looked like this:


That was around the end of July, and I just never got around to posting the pictures...

Then THIS happened:



That was maybe a week ago or so.  All the rain, nasty heat, and bugs took a major toll on my "garden." 


And it went from this:



to this:


It was almost painful to upload and post these pictures.  I was just so proud of myself when everything was lush and green and growing... pride... just gets in the way...

Either that or maybe I'm just not a gardener...

But I DID get two peppers and 5 tomatoes before the plants took a turn for the worst, and I'm still holding out a little hope that the tomatoes still on the plants will do ok - but the pepper plant is gone.

Better luck next year maybe?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lori - I'm so sorry it didn't work out but I have to admit I was chuckling through this post, only because I can sooo related. Every single one of my beautiful potted plants is dead. :o( Yes pride...it gets in the way. LOL.

Never Too Busy said...

Awww. That's a little disconcerting, but you know what? You had an awesome garden! SO you know you were at least doing SOMETHING right!!! :-)

rose gold said...

You really have great plants maybe you got problems with the weather. That’s why your plants are ups and downs. Better luck next time!

Christi said...

Oh that IS painful...

Melanie Giant said...

I am very sorry to see those pictures. But it happens a lot. It happened to me like three times when I was just starting. All of my tomatoes tend to decline whenever I have them all standing. Then the heat will dry them up and all of those bugs will attack. Well, fortunately, I got a hold of the situation and my last try made my garden at least thrive for a year already. LOL

isabella cakes said...

Those happenings are really natural for all the newer in gardening. There are ups and down until one of your plants died to make you realized what are the right and wrongs that you need to do or to avoid. Maybe you should always think about the weather before you decide what crops to plant best for that kind of season. Better luck next time. That is really a brave one to try gardening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails