Saturday, May 15, 2010

My very first garden

I did it!

I started a vegetable "garden".

I figure I've read enough blogs with people talking about their vegetable gardens, that I'm inspired to try it myself.  Actually, I just really like the idea of living on the earth...

Despite the fact I spent the first 12 years of my life around plants at my parents nursery business, I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to planting a vegetable garden.

I started small.

Very small.



We actually have raised beds in our yard from previous owners. 
But it's gonna take a lot of work to prep the area and clear all the grass and random yard clippings before it's ready to plant anything.  I'm hoping to get it cleared out, but I'm not holding my breath.



Scary, huh?

I even have a little head start on one of the pepper plants.



Oh goodness, wish me luck.

Seriously, no idea.

1 comment:

Never Too Busy said...

Congratulations. I've been meaning to start a garden of my own, but I'm a slacker and keep putting it off. If you do however need help, I've always found www.thegardenhelper.com and www.gardenguides.com to always be wells of information regardless of your garden needs. Best of luck to you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails