Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Resolution

It's only November, but I have already been planning my New Year's resolution.

I have mentioned I'm a planner, right?

But first, I must brag just a little.

Since starting my quest to become a master chef...

Ha, I couldn't even keep a straight face as I typed that...

Since attempting to make meals for my family that don't come out of a box (around April-ish), I have tried 36 new recipes.

THIRTY-SIX!

That's gotta be a record, right?

No?

Oh well, I've tried 36 new recipes - some we've liked, some we haven't. But I'm darn proud of myself for trying them!

Back to my resolution.

Just about all of the new recipes I've tried, I have found online.

Yet, I have lots... I mean LOTS, of cook books. Actually, I have not counted them yet, but the entire cabinet space above my microwave is devoted to cook books.


My resolution for 2010 is to try 1 new recipe from each of the cook books I already have.

Do you find it ironic that I have so many cookbooks, yet I never really cooked before? Yeah, I think everyone who bought me cook books was trying to tell me something.

So, the reason I am figuring out my resolution now is because I am going to take the next couple months to actually organize and count how many cookbooks I have, and choose the recipes I want to try. I plan to head into the new year prepared!

I'll keep ya posted!

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails