Thursday, November 12, 2009

the new arrangements

Well, as of Tuesday, we have new sleeping arrangements. I haven't completely processed how I feel about it yet - but I'm a little sad. I don't really know why. Probably because a crib and a pack-n-play don't really fit all that nicely in the girls' room. It's just a bit cramped.

I suppose I should be more specific.

Brynn and Avery no longer share a crib.

The morning of the change we heard Avery scream her scream that could only mean one thing.

Brynn bit her.

She has been a bit of a biter lately. She has bit me on several occasions, and it really hurts - even though she's usually biting my leg, through my jeans. It still hurts.

So I can only imagine how it feels for Avery.



I really don't even know what to do about it.

I try to tell Brynn "no bite," as firm as I can muster - but really, she's 9 months old, all she does is smile her cute little smile and go about her biting.

Anyway, Brynn stays in the crib, Avery gets the pack-n-play. I feel a little bad, like Avery is getting demoted or something - but my reasoning for putting her in there, is she is the climber. My guess is she will be the first one to figure out how to climb out of wherever we put her, and the pack-n-play is a shorter fall.


(Yes, that is a completely bare, very pink wall. Nothing on it. Boring. I have no decorating sense what-so-ever, so for now, it's just going to be a bare. very. pink. wall.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails