Tuesday, July 5, 2011

10 on 2sday

1.  I know I'm not supposed to wish away these younger years with my kids... but I sure am ready to be past the terrifying parts of it where the girls don't understand danger and think it's funny to run away from you...

into a parking lot...

with lots of people leaving at the same time...

which happened...

last week...

as we were leaving the pool...

2.  HeeeEEEEeeeY!  Speaking of the pool... I've taken all 3 kiddos a couple times now!

It's a big deal for me!

As you might be able to tell with all the exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!

I have a wonderful friend who is willing to help me watch one of the girls, so there is always an adult with them.  Evan gets to run off by himself.  Thankfully he does well on his own.

3.  Last week while we were at the pool Brynn was paying close attention to all the sunbathers at the edge of the pool... and decided to join them...  I debated whether or not to run and grab my phone for a picture...

I'm sure glad I did. 


4.  I've been thinking of going back to work more and more these days.  I had a chance to apply for a part time job recently, but ultimately I ended up not pursuing it.  Too many work days...  but it's odd how just 3 years ago I would have KILLED for a job with the hours I turned down.

5.  We decided not to list our house this summer.  Too many reasons to go into on this blog, but at least we made a decision...

6.  Dan and I got to take Evan to see Cars 2 last week...


(notice his shoes on the wrong feet?  He says he likes it that way...)

7.  After nearly 3 years without an actual desk... I finally got one last week!!!  (that's big news in my world!)  I still have to work on getting all my stuff sorted and in place, but it feels GREAT to have a dedicated work space (that isn't our old kitchen table)!

8.  We took the kids to their first official fireworks display last night (read: legal).  They loved it, all but the mosquito bites... mostly they loved the freedom to run while we waited for the show to start...


9.  I enjoyed the chance to shoot some fireworks after reading tons of 'how to's' on the blogs I read.  Here's my favorite...


10.  Avery still doesn't open doors yet.  (really, why would she?, her sister can...)  It's only a problem for her when they start playing in the closet and Brynn decides she should stay there...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(as you can tell, I'm catching up on blog reading...I should be working, clearly don't want to) 6. One of those times, I wished we lived near each other, would have been fun to take Nathan and Evan to see Cars 2 together. :) 8. LOVE the pic of the 3 kiddos running in the field...moments like this are just so sweet and to have it on film, even better. 9. Fireworks pictures are SOO hard to get but look at you Hot Shot! Your skills are steadily growing, you should be very proud of yourself! 10. Tell Brynn to put YOU in the closet next time, then you can get that moment of peace you've been looking for. Hahaha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails