Tuesday, June 21, 2011

10 on 2sday

1.  Brynn opens doors now.  We've been enjoying our time up until now just waiting until they finally figured it out.... I was hoping that nap and bed time in their big girl beds would be so routine, that by the time they figured out how to open doors it wouldn't be an issue coming out of their rooms at those times.  Not so.

2.  It's creepy.  Brynn is my stealthy child.  One day after nap she opened her door without me hearing it, so when I started walking towards the bedrooms and saw a small child standing in the hallway, I got a little creeped out...

3.  The other problem with Brynn opening doors...  she is the one that leaves the room, and she closes the door behind her leaving a screaming, upset Avery behind...  oh the life with twins...

4.  Potty training sucks.  It was miserable with Evan, and I'm not looking forward to it with the girls.  Avery asks me all the time to go sit on the toilet and go potty.  Some times I oblige, other times I try to change the subject.  She never actually does anything, she just likes to play around in the bathroom.


Until one day.

She peed.

Then she decided she no longer wanted to wear a diaper.  So we went and bought big girl panties.  I washed them.  I dried them.  I pulled a pair out of the dryer for Avery and she put them on immediately.  That lasted about 30 seconds and then she took them off, handed them back to me and said "ah done!"

5.  Speaking of being "ah done," I've been considering buying stock in bandaids these days at the rate in which Avery goes through them.  Evan has never wanted anything to do with bandaids.  Avery LOVES them.  Brynn is completely indifferent.

6.  Evan's filter is broken... or just non-existent.  He has been pointing out (literally) physical characteristics of strangers that non-5-year-olds would find rather rude and offensive.  *insert large sigh right here*

7.  Evan's last t-ball game was tonight.  Me and the girls didn't go.  Partly because his game crossed over their bedtime.  Mostly because it's too much work keeping them out of trouble...


8.  We finally got our fence fixed!! 



9.  If you need pumpkins this fall... plan to come to my house...



10.  I've been making some changes to my photography blog... slowly... I also recently did my first newborn session, and LOVED how it turned out!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails