Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Evan!


Today my little boy has turned 3, yes, THREE. It has gone by in a blink of an eye! I remember being very excited when Evan turned 1 - I couldn't wait to let him eat his first cupcake! I was very anxious when he turned 2 - he was officially passing the baby stage into boyhood. The truth of the matter is, I was pretty sad the entire month of his 2nd birthday. Now that he has turned 3, I'm not entirely sure how I feel (A little scatter brained since I have a couple more things on my mind...), but mostly I have been very reflective. There have been a mixture of challenging times, learning opportunities, and some of the most rewarding moments of my life!

I look at our kitchen table and I remember when he could walk right under it without it touching his head. I remember the day he ran into the table and he was so shocked that he did it a second time not realizing that he had grown too tall to walk under it without ducking. I remember the day he could see on top of the table without pulling himself up onto his tippy-toes. And now, he is head and shoulders above the table and sits next to us at dinner time reminding us to pray. He has an opinion, and likes to share it. He is a fabulous big brother. He loves to read. He loves to say the alphabet and challenge us to what sounds the letters make. He is funny. He is our little 3 year old!


Happy Birthday, my sweet Evan!



2006








2007





2008












No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails